We want to thank everyone who came to our show this past Wednesday in Austin, TX. We had fun, however as you may have heard, there was a terrible accident a few blocks away that impacted many other people that were attending South by Southwest (SXSW).
We wanted to share the following note from our friends in the Austin Music Foundation:
The tragedy that took place on the streets of SXSW on March 13 have left us speechless and heartbroken for the families and friends who lost their loved ones. From all of us at AMF, our hearts and love go out to the victims, first responders, City of Austin and of course the worldwide music community as we remember just how precious life is.
SXSW and the City of Austin have created a SXSW Cares Fund to help people affected by the tragic events of March 13, 2014 and future possible events. The funds will be disbursed to those most affected through a community-based process to be created by representatives of SXSW, the Austin Convention and Visitors Bureau and the City of Austin with the Austin Community Foundation.
Let’s join together as a community that is united far beyond the 10 days of SXSW and do anything we can to help out the families of the victims as they undergo this challenging time.
As always, we thank you for your continued support.
- The Blood Center of Central Texas (Type O & Type O Negative): 512-206-1266
- Victim Services can be reached at 512-974-5037
- Witnesses should call APD at 512-974-5186 or email email@example.com
- Local musicians and their dependents impacted by this event and seeking counseling are encouraged to contact the SIMS Foundation confidential client line at 512-494-1007.
- Grief counseling is being provided by The American Red Cross
- Work hours- 800-928-4271 ext 1132
- After hours- 512-516-0302
- Looking for loved ones. 800-928-4271 ext 1121, 1122, 1124
- After hours- 979-436-8940